Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between multiple business units and technology teams to define processes, identify process improvement opportunities, and implement new functionality for the Retail IT Portfolio. This position will document stakeholder requirements, measure/monitor process efficiency, and develop and manage project plans. They will coordinate implementation, testing, training, and communication efforts with vendors and multiple business groups.
- Works with the business and technology delivery team to ensure projects are delivered with quality, on time and within budget.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a change management strategy and plan which includes stakeholder management, communications, training, and monitors overall organizational readiness.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of process improvement opportunities by mapping out process changes, defining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project vision to business leaders, stakeholders, and users.
- Work effectively with business leaders and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships.
- Identify quality and efficiency metrics to calculate and validate cost saving opportunities.
- Develop and maintain projects plans/backlogs to facilitate progress reports and ensure deliverables are met.
- Develop and maintain project risk/issue logs and ensure team addresses.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development, and break down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users.
- Assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure process documentation remains current.
- Serve as a mentor to other team members.
- Displays Servant Leadership: fostering a coaching environment, display of selflessness and holding others accountable across the organization
- Proven ability to facilitate requirement workshops / training sessions with large groups of business users and leadership.
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development and break down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Experience in project management, process mapping, group facilitation, data gathering and analysis, and phases of project life cycle (requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, training, and measuring effectiveness.)
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Intermediate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
- Five or more years’ experience as a business analyst.
- Intermediate to strong SQL query skills.
- Three to five years’ experience as a people manager.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma (Black Belt)/Scrum Product Owner from a recognized institute.
- Experience in a Retail/Sales Environment
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and onsite fitness facility
- Onsite restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus