Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Community & State Encounter Program Management team has oversight of complete, timely and accurate encounter submissions to state customers. This includes working with health plans and states on process improvements, implementing new requirements and analyzing current production results. A Medicaid Encounter Senior Business Process Analyst is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more states, responsible for establishing a thorough understanding of state encounter requirements and meeting or exceeding those encounter requirements and internal goals by correcting encounters with issues in order to get them accepted by our state customers. This is a telecommuter opportunity, you can work from anywhere in Mississippi.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* in Mississippi from anywhere in the state as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform end - to - end encounter business process activities, which include gathering and understanding state requirements and translating these into business processes
- Identifying opportunities to resolve encounter error root causes using an understanding of upstream and downstream impacts
- Participating in the creation, control and improvement of business processes
- Correct encounter bypasses and rejects; includes managing encounter corrections with the Information Technology (IT) team
- Produce monthly reporting of status against goals
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal partners impacting encounters
- Develop relationships with state partners in order to research issues
- Host or participate in regular meetings with health plans to share encounter status and address issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in business and / or finance analysis
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis
- 2+ years of experience working with and analyzing large quantities of data
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents) and Excel (ability to create and edit spreadsheets)
- Must live in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience with Medicaid Encounters, Medicaid Claims or other related functions, such as Provider Data or Enrollment
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Access (ability to create and edit databases)
- Experience working with PL / SQL within an Oracle Data base
- Experiencing working in a matrix - style organization
- Ability to problem solve and research conflicting and / or inaccurate data
- Ability to communicate analysis, including trends and opportunities, to partners and customers in writing and verbally
- Ability to work on multiple priorities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth, UHG, Business, Process, Analyst, Senior, Jackson, MS - Biloxi, MS - Tupelo, MS - Ridgeland, MS - Gulfport, MS