Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain of Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Wisconsin and Oregon. Please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community
Generating/Editing/Checking of CAD drawings, layouts and pictorial renderings as directed by product engineers or product development engineers, management and team associates. Senior level includes 5-7 years of experience and demonstrated leadership within department or cross-functional team setting. This involves taking lead positions in projects to drive results for strategic company objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates models and drawings for product engineering designs
- Creates CAD Pictorial Renderings of products, features, and components for Design Reviews, Marketing & Sales Presentations, and Customer Reviews
- Provides feedback to engineers for design intent, fit and function of parts and assemblies
- Reviews standard Models and drawings before release for usability and coverage
- Mentors and assists others in CAD Pictorial Rendering capabilities and problem resolution
- Oversees timely creation of customer parts manuals
- Organizes and prioritizes design service projects and provides training
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree +
- Understanding of GD&T preferred
- Understanding of SolidWorks software
- Competency in ANSI 14.5Y standards
- Demonstrated ability to model complex large assemblies for reuse
- Ability to convey knowledge to CAD technicians
- Ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping schedules
- 5 to 7 years of solid experience
- Experience in CAD Pictorial Rendering or similar technical skill preferred
- Must have training/experience with drafting practices and ANSI standards
- Experience in Solidworks CAD system highly preferred but will consider other 3D experience
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.