The Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Capture Manager with an active Secret clearance to join a winning team. We are ranked #1 Washington Technology Top 100 company for 2019, we want you to come and make a difference!
This opportunity is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals, expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies, regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers, and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews
• Interact routinely with Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
• Mentor less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience OR Master’s and 13+
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
• A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple DoD or Intel Community organizations at a variety of acquisition sizes and types
• Track record of winning >$50M opportunities
• Experience working directly with the Intel Community
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
• Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
**This position requires an active, in-scope Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI with polygraph. Candidates must be US Citizens to obtain this level of clearance. Additionally, we provide enhanced PTO for highly cleared candidates in the Intelligence Group at Leidos!!
• Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
• Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market
Personal Attributes Necessary for Success in this Role:
• Possess business and technical vision
• Ability to think strategically
• Possess analytical presentation and problem solving skills
• Ability to gain internal support from senior management, colleagues, stakeholders
• Ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Intelligence Group and across Leidos
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.