The Senior Chemist, Nuclear Manufacturing position is part of a new Technical Operations team within Cardinal Health’s Nuclear and Precision Health Solutions organization tasked with the technology transfer, routine manufacture, and analytical testing of sponsor radiopharmaceutical products. This position will be responsible for supporting all activities required to operate a clinical phase manufacturing and testing facility, with strict adherence to cGMP, environmental health and safety, related guidelines, and internal policies and procedures. Specific duties will comprise material management, facility and equipment cleaning and maintenance, as well as production and testing activities typical for a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing operation. The preferred individual will possess sufficient technical, functional, and administrative competence to work largely independently, in a team environment, in order to meet clinical production demands.
- Support the transfer of all manufacturing and testing activities from internal product development and external sponsors.
- Receive, store and distribute all materials required for production and testing.
- Facilitate day-to-day operation and maintenance of the facility, production equipment, and testing instrumentation.
- Perform hands-on execution of manufacturing and/or testing procedures.
- Lead and/or support investigations and documentation of deviations and exceptions.
- Communicate all issues related to safety, quality, and compliance.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a physical science with at least two years working in a GMP environment in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the operation, use and cleaning of laboratory scale production equipment and conventional analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to work in a controlled environment requiring special attention to environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Commitment to maintain data integrity through strict adherence to standardized procedures and relevant compliance requirements; ability to clearly document all work activities in a timely manner.
- Motivation to work effectively and cooperatively with others, and to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Flexibility to work periodic off-shift hours in support of routine production and testing needs.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.