The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Chemist will perform routine and specialized, non-routine laboratory procedures in a quality control laboratory.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine testing of samples according to established procedures. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas. Will focus on complex testing procedures.
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. Keeps supervisor informed of work status.
- Prioritizes workload and meets scheduled timelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and supply needs required to avoid delays in testing.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical mix ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards. Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using proper and safe techniques. Selected qualified associates, at the discretion of the Quality Control/Quality Management, will be responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
- Performs testing for investigational studies of atypical results.
- Trains laboratory associates on testing procedures.
- Troubleshoots issues in the lab concerning testing procedures and instrumentation.
- Maintains laboratory standards.
- Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the purpose of training and development.
- Revises existing test methods with improvements.
- Executes new methods from written or published literature and reference compendia.
- Duties are performed under limited supervision.