The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Chemist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and complex laboratory procedures and/or specialized technical, administrative services requiring application of equivalent technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs advanced sample testing with laboratory instruments such as ICP-MS, HPLCs, GCs. Processes samples for chemical and /or biological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as mobile phases or media to perform essential laboratory procedures
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments
- Will conduct investigations on atypical results including extensive root cause analysis.
Records data, performs calculations, and evaluates results. Performs peer review of data, and provides critical analysis of laboratory systems and methodology. Is able to identify areas needing improvement, as well as initiate corrective and preventative action plans with minimal supervision. Keeps management apprised of progress.
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related record keeping
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
Selected qualified associates, at the discretion of Quality Control/Quality Management, will be responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the purpose of training and development.
Other duties may be assigned as required.