What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
The Category Management mission is to deliver the most clinically relevant and supply chain efficient product assortment in the market to our distribution services customers, while maximizing the profitability of the products in which we compete.
Through leading market insights, performance analytics, and supplier partnerships, assortment planning will determine the right products to optimize value. This value is intended to be shared by Cardinal Health, our Suppliers, and the healthcare Providers we serve, and is driven by Cardinal Health branded products as well as our preferred relationships with other key supplier partners.
Value is created and delivered through effective commercial deal modeling, operational execution and controls, data enablement and insights, as well as sales team and customer tools and analytics solutions. These activities are tightly aligned to the core distribution services value proposition and unified customer contracting process.
Category Management Data Enablement & Commercial Analytics Solutions is accountable for ensuring Category Management and Assortment Planning workstreams and stakeholders have seamless access to information and capabilities that enable strategy and execution. Analytics Enablement includes establishing a streamlined set of unified reporting and analytics capabilities that drive commercial action with sales and marketing organizations, as well as directly with customers.
- Lead cross functional activity across assortment planning (product marketing & sourcing), finance, pricing, category management commercialization, category management operations, distribution services and sales to develop analytics capabilities that improve actionable decision-making and performance tracking
- Identify, synthesize and prioritize existing analytics solution capabilities tied to category management and distribution services
- Engage with sales teams and customers to share and iterate transformation strategy and execution
Preferred Experience & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years in roles surrounding data (especially product), analytics supporting sales and marketing organizations, customer-facing analytics, and technical solution development
- Demonstrated work in matrixed functional organizations
- Proven data and analytics transformative development
- Ability to thrive in white-space environment without clearly outlined day-to-day responsibilities
- Travel at approximately 5% (primarily customer and sales engagements)
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.