What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Logistics is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Request and /or collects information as needed to review a problem, situation or issue
- Performs reviews of KPI’s/QBR’s on a regular basis, following the correct steps and using the appropriate tools, observing and seeking guidance from senior leadership when necessary
- Identifies root cause implications/conclusions from the logical analysis of a situation or issue
- Ensures that customers/ carriers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed expectations
- Demonstrates a commitment to consistently providing customers a quality experience; performs necessary duties to fulfill customer service level expectations or agreements
- Communicates effectively with customers; listens to the needs and takes actions to meet the
- Employs an understanding of customers' views and cultural sensitivities to improve services or deliverables
- Demonstrates deep expertise of field operations/carrier; collaborates with internal and external management and corporate transportation to identify the drivers leading to business success.
- Creates, shares and supports baseline business operating structures and desired performance
- Request and /or provides information, data, and tools that support the prioritization of issues in light of business objectives
- Comprehends and demonstrates how businesses needs relate to Cardinal Health's overall goals and prioritizes tasks to align with business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing high levels of service; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize effectiveness using lean tools.
- Performs duties efficiently, considering resource utilization
- Identifies and recommends improvements related to site and network workflow
- Demonstrates attention to detail when requesting, compiling and reporting information; reviews work to ensure that information complies with quality standards
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, policies, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
- Monitors reporting tools and metric tracking systems by continually reviewing data and need
- Compares current performance to service level expectations and takes immediate action to address any disparities
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and to Cardinal Health's success by creating, sharing best practices, adopting new/revised established practices
- Challenges status quo
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong excel skills (advanced) Vlookup, If statements
- Working knowledge of SQL queries
- Account management experience
- Lean certification or equivalent experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects and processes
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specificgoals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Is the primary contact for field and external contacts
- Coordinates Business reviews and scorecard reviews
- Manages a portfolio of customers that are both internal and external
- Leads productive activity with peer group and respective team members
- Collaborates and execute the Logistical expense budget
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.