What Logistics Systems Team contributes to Cardinal Health
The Logistics Systems Support Team emphasizes a partnership with internal and external customers to enable operations processes within Cardinal systems. This position provides support to our medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, replenishment, and distribution centers by aligning data and technology solutions to optimize the value of the warehouse and transportation processes for the Cardinal Health Supply Chain.
This role will be responsible for maintaining transportation systems, testing and implementing design solutions, and providing analytical support to the supply chain teams within Cardinal Health. The position will work across multi-functional teams, such as IT support for Warehouse and Transportation systems, warehouse personnel, and management for development and training. The position is a vital role in integrating Cardinal Health's TMS, SAP and warehouse systems to support solutions for the Logistics Supply Chain organization.
- Responsible for data maintenance in MercuryGate, preparing/loading contracts and rates, setting up carriers to provide shipment status, and on-going maintenance of carrier’s information.
- Responsible for resolving load and rating issues which generate an inaccurate result.
- Identifies design changes to systems/processes where beneficial or required to support operations.
- Monitor key performance indicators and to provide internal team members data for scorecards on carrier performance.
- Analyze and aggregate data for specific cost savings, process improvement opportunities.
- Provide support for field and general office teams to manage transportation settings within SAP and MercuryGate system through reporting and mass maintenance.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Supervisory/management experience
- Work with MercuryGate or other TMS system
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.