The Field Solutions Coordinator directly supports information requests and inquiries from our client’s and their field contacts in accordance with the program business rules and HIPAA regulations. This position is also responsible for supporting Healthcare Provider requests for additional assistance toward patient referrals and to investigate and address any access to therapy concerns
What Individualized Care contributes to Cardinal Health
Delivering an exclusive model that fully integrates direct drug distribution to site-of-care with non-commercial pharmacy services, patient access support, and financial programs, Sonexus Health, a subsidiary of Cardinal Health, helps specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers have a greater connection to the customer experience and better control of product success. Personalized service and creative solutions executed through a flexible technology platform means providers are more confident in prescribing drugs, patients can more quickly obtain and complete therapy, and manufacturers can directly access more actionable insight than ever before. With all services centralized in our custom-designed facility outside of Dallas, Texas, Sonexus Health helps manufacturers rethink how far their products can go.
- Primary Purpose: Act as the single point of contact to assist high volume physician offices who are having challenges gaining access to product for their patients.
- Place outbound calls to various service providers to understand the nature of each issue encountered
- Mediate effective resolution for complex payer/pharmacy issues toward a positive outcome
- Responsible for handling escalated cases from physician offices
- Proactive follow-up with various contacts to ensure patient access to therapy
- Secondary Purpose: Closely work with the Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM), patients, service providers, specialty pharmacies, and the Cardinal Health Regional Care Coordinator to clearly identify issues and provide resolution
- Be familiar with long and short range changes in the reimbursement environment including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, and Commercial plans while planning for various scenarios that may impact the products
- Responsible for maintaining an issues log that clearly states all encountered issues and steps to resolve the issue
- Provide reporting to the FRM Team as needed and appropriate
- Perform other activities related to internal initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous customer service experience is required
- Demonstrated High level customer service
- Patient Support Service experience
- Clear knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid & Commercial payers policies and guidelines for coverage is required
- Must have clear understanding of Medicare plans (A, B, C, D...)
- Knowledge of DME, MAC practices if preferred
- Must have clear understanding of Medical, Supplemental, and pharmacy insurance benefit practices
- Must have 3-5 years of Pharmacy and/or Medical Claims billing and Coding work experience.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience with Prior Authorization and Appeal submissions
- Demonstrated ability to work with high volume production teams with an emphasis on quality
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Outlook and preferred Excel capabilities
- Previous medical experience is preferred
- Excellent observation skills so as to identify problems accurately.
- Superior communication skills to clearly communicate issues and resolutions in both a written and spoken format.
- Ability to effectively mediate situations in which parties are in disagreement and facilitate a positive outcome.
- Concurrently handle multiple outstanding issues and ensure all items are resolved in a timely manner to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Thrive in competitive and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills required, Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Must have the ability to speak and write clearly.
- Required to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Effectively applies knowledge of job and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments
- In-depth knowledge in technical or specialty area
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems independently
- May modify process to resolve situations
- Works independently within established procedures; may receive general guidance on new assignments
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
This position will provide a $500.00 sign on bonus and a one year retention bonus.
Must be available from 7:00am-7:00pm
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.