Great jobs start with great training and our next class is starting soon. Apply today.
As a Senior Customer Service Representative, you'll compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to between 50 to 70 callers per day, always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You'll also provide support to your team members by serving as a resource or subject matter expert. Both of these are opportunities for you to identify and exceed our customer expectations by committing to and building strong relationships internally and externally. At the end, you’ll know you performed with integrity and delivered the best customer service experience making all your customers and team members feel better because they talked to you.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:00am-9:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 20414 N 27th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues in a one and done manner
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre-authorizations or pre-determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, provider satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- 1 year Customer Service Representative (CSR) experience or 1 year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role preferred, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi-task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line prescreening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, training class, SME, Senior, SR, Phoenix