Combinetwo of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture ofperformance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leadingedge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here,innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare dataavailable wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's noroom for error. Join us and start doing yourlife’s best work.SM
As a Senior Customer Service Representative you will working in an environment where the patient is at the center of everything that we do individuals in this position typically respond to patients, sales representatives, clients or their representative who have highly sensitive and / or escalated billing issues. The Senior Customer Service Representative will research billing issues in order to respond and resolve them to the patients and companies’ satisfaction.
The position will be based out of our West Hills, CA location.
- Ability to perform and act as a back - up to all aspects of Billing Customer Service Rep duties as needed
- Make outbound calls to patients, carriers and / or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Receive inbound calls from patients, carriers and / or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Send written correspondence to patient with resolution if unable to resolve via phone
- Handle sensitive client and patient interactions
- Thoroughly navigate of both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of experience with Windows PC
- Data Entry experience (entering customer information)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (ability to create a professional looking document, add worksheets, copy, paste, sort, freeze, hide cells, sum, create, add, and delete columns)
- 1+ years of Billing experience
- Remittance experience
- Healthcare Billing experience
- Call Center Customer Service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi - task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed, based on department needs
- Ability to work in a fast - paced environment
- Ability to meet quality standards
- Ability to meet production standards
- Ability to handle other projects as assigned
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, Optum, health care, office, phone support, billing