Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Data Architect at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this role is to analyze business strategy, Data/Analytics platforms and recommend solutions that efficiently and timely addresses the business imperatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with the Line of Business Leaders, IT leaders and Enterprise architecture leads to develop and enrich current and future state Data & Analytics Platform architecture and Data/Analytics program roadmap.
- Provide thought leadership around best practices and emerging concepts in Data & Analytics domain.
- Lead and Develop Data integration/Consumption Patterns & Data Landscape diagrams.
- Develop & Mature Data Capability model to support benchmark analysis
- Stand up Design review board for Analytics and Data platforms using industry best practices.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into highly scalable and optimized architecture design.
- Engage and Deliver technology evaluations in Data and Analytics domain.
- Represent Data Architecture in the Enterprise Architecture Center of Execution board.
- Contribute to document Data design solutions in the solution architecture and technical design documents.
- Work closely with Data scientists to understand their data preparation needs and provide technical mentorship for developing Machine learning based analytical models.
Licenses and Certifications
- AWS Solution Architect Associate/ Big Data Specialty certification is preferred.
- Snowflake certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; Masters’ degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on architect and solution development experience in large scale complex Data warehousing projects.
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on solution architect experience on both on-premise (Cloudera) and Cloud based (AWS/Snowflake) Data Lake platform and solutions.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Data Modeling experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Data lifecycle and Metadata management products
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience with one or more relevant data ingestion technologies (Python, Pyspark, Spark, Scala, Kafka)
- Minimum of two (2) year of work experience with one or more SQL (Hive, Presto, SparkQL, Athena, SnowSQL) on Big Data Platform.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience on AI/Machine Learning capabilities enablement.
- Exposure to Data Analytics platforms such as Tableau and SAS is a must
- Must be familiar with Agile based delivery approach.
- Prior experience leading ETL work, Data warehouse/Data Lake development a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and positive attitude.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.