Our values are the heartbeat of our organization and we live, breath and play by them every day. Join our team as a Sr Database Administrator and experience the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture. As a Percepta team member, you can expect
- Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
- Teamwork – belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication and acknowledges value in your contributions
- Respect – a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
- Proactive – to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others and the organization
- Career growth and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun!
- Competitive compensation – we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs offer incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
Responsible for Percepta’s Oracle & SQL Server databases and providing DBA support or enhance those servers and databases. Other duties include remote site software installation, database configuration, monitoring, tuning, implementing of application and backup/recovery of databases.Duties and Responsibilities
Experience in Oracle on AIX/Unix/Linux and SQL Server
Spec hardware and software’s for existing projects, new projects and future databases and make recommendation to upper manager.
Create, document and implement database policies and procedures
Perform database installations, upgrades, patching of both Oracle & SQL Server databases.
Perform off-site database installation, upgrade database to Cloud Environment and assist with new technologies.
Design and Implement: - For Oracle-- RMAN, DataPump, DataGrid, EM, UAC, Profiles, LogMiner, ETL Jobs.
SQL Server – Support SQL backends along with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS projects and environments. Manage SQL security, backups, maintenance and performance monitoring.
Knowledge of Data Warehouse and BI environments of benefit.
Well versed in Unix/AIX Shell Scripting and experience in Windows PowerShell.
Design and implement database maintenance routines to minimize the downtime to end-users.
Design, Implement and Maintain Data Loads to the Datawarehouse.
Design, Implement and Maintain Oracle Partitions and Partitioned Indexes.
Design, Implement and Maintain ETL processes to the DataWarehouse
Design and Implement Data Transfer routines from Prod to QA/Dev Databases.
Implement, Refresh, Backup and Maintain Cubes & Dimensions on SQL Analysis Server
Monitoring/resolving the day-to-day performance issues, errors, etc.
Troubleshoot/resolve application, connectivity, functioning and slowdowns.
Review and implement new changes to the databases to incorporate new business logic.
Performance monitoring of the various application and databases.
Provide technical guidance to DBAs, application developers or end-users as needed.
Ensure compliance with vendor software license agreements
Audit remote site servers and databases to ensure policy and procedures are adhered to.
Answer user question and assist our customer when requested.
- Adhere to service level agreement.
Complete other duties assigned by the DBA Manager.
Must be able to work 24 x 7and weekends due to maintenance schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university OR ten years related experience and/or training
Ten (10) years plus of Database Administrator experience (DBA)