Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will work in in Atlanta, Georgia in creating and evaluating the design of equipment, systems or installations, including specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager I, will provide design engineering support for hydro generators related to IS Hydro Services business.
- Provide design engineering support for hydro generators related to IS Hydro Services business
- Support design of rewinds, uprates and upgrades for hydro generators, all OEM designs, both during the initial quotation phase as well as the execution phase of the projects
- Provide design leadership to a team of global design engineers
- Conduct design reviews as appropriate for risk mitigation
- Develop design standards and practices for use by the Hydro Services business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or related field of study from an accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of experience in generator design
- Considerable experience with the design, manufacture and service of Hydro generators, all OEM designs
- Strong knowledge of insulation systems related to Hydro generators
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic design related to Hydro generators
- Strong knowledge of hydro generator construction, including stator core and windings, rotor poles and mechanical
- Strong knowledge of Hydro Services Work Instruction documents and ability to support craft labor and Field Engineers
- Demonstrated ability to simplify and improve design and site installation procedures
- Support automation of Hydro Services ITO / OTR tools
- Demonstrated ability to handle a diverse workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to analyze technical specifications, tender documents and proposals, and develop detailed design / service offerings
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.