As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong candidate to manage team members responsible for the usability of the applications utilized by Sinclair’s RSNs, responsible for designing and implementing integrations and reports for a critical business system. You will work with the Corporate Development team and 3rd party vendor(s) to build integrations and reports for a Network Management Control (NMC) application.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Work with Corporate Development team and vendor partners to build integrations to and from 3rd party broadcast NMC application
• Report on 3rd party product performance
• Design, develop and maintain end-user reports that cannot be supplied by NMC application
• Leverage Sinclair standards to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Support technology upgrades and perform technical troubleshooting/issue resolution
• Ensure that code conforms to business requirements/company policies, security requirements, software quality standards, and established procedures
• Design, document and implement procedures and techniques that are consistent with best practices for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of system
• Oversee test plans, test cases, test data, project test progress and release reports, application turnover documents and test schedules
• Submit and track production (maintenance) and release issues
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Collaborate on and adhere to coding standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
• Collaborate on and adhere to performance metrics to establish process success
People Management & Development
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
• Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years software development experience
• Experience in designing and developing system integrations
• Experience in report development and report development tools (i.e. Microsoft SSRS, PowerBI)
• Boomi experience strongly preferred
• Experience with business process automation tools (e.g. Pega) preferred
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience; experience in driving change in current SDLC with a strong continuous improvement mindset
• Experience with common development tools (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps), source control management system (i.e. Team Foundation Server) preferred
• Excellent technical writing skills with experience documenting and analyzing complex business rules/processes utilizing wireframes and data/process flow diagrams
• Solid experience querying and analyzing complex databases; experience working with relational databases
• Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application and data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL preferred
• Agile experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.