***This position can be located in Dallas, TX or Memphis, TN***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Designer, you will be a strong voice for design quality and consistency across multiple platforms. You will work collaboratively and independently with latitude for action to translate business, brand, marketing, user experience and content strategies into a conceptual and visual framework for Hilton's digital applications including web, mobile apps, and enterprise software. We will depend on you for the development of digital standards and project level work for web and mobile applications.
- Partner with team members in the areas of Design, (UXA) User Experience Architecture, Development, Product and Research.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and design workshops.
- Help gather and define project requirements and contribute to product strategy.
- Participate in personal development, improvement, and training.
- Manage project estimates as appropriate.
- Keep up with latest trends in the industry.
- Review assignments and design tickets to regularly communicate your individual capacity.
- Contributes to leadership decisions on process, implementations, and software adoption.
- Partner with project team, brand management and/or key stakeholders to establish design direction for digital projects.
- Advocate evidence-based design that balances user needs with business objectives.
- Develop design elements including site layout, navigation, images, icons, animations and other multimedia assets to support online strategies and provide a usable and compelling digital experience.
- Act as Creative subject-matter-expert reviewing design-related requests for alignment to graphic standards to ensure a consistent creative approach for all brand digital initiatives.
- Use discernment to select appropriate photography and other images.
- Produce working prototypes of intended interaction design.
- Produce required specs and assets to development.
- Provide support and art direction for Junior Designers and Associate Designers.
- Participate in design reviews with partners to ensure that design meets both business objectives and user needs.
- Archive files and document patterns that may have emerged from project work.
- Assist the Design Leadership to assign and schedule design work, production schedules, and design reviews.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Skills to convert abstract concepts into innovative designs
- Knowledge of development concepts
- Extraordinary design skills, including color theory, layout, typography, corporate identity, and branding
- Solid portfolio showing a range of experience, concepts, and visual styles
- Experience working in an agile process environment
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Interpersonal teammates who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Creative, organizational problem solving
- Self-starter and a positive attitude with a reciprocal personality
- Ability to thrive in collaborative work environment and be able to seek input from other team members
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of experience working in digital design, user experience (UX), interaction design or similar role
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch App, and prototyping software
- Experience with user interface design, industry standards and trends, usability best practices, platform and browser capabilities, and digital design constraints
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, visual communications or a related field
- Seven (7) years of experience working in digital design, user experience (UX), interaction design or similar role
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!