Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Digital Product Manager, Unsecured Loans (Remote) at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this position is to lead product development across our digital platforms for Unsecured Lending, developing exceptional customer-centric experiences throughout the lending lifecycle. The incumbent will participate in all phases of the product/feature lifecycle including concept, development, delivery, launch, adoption, enhancement, and performance. The ideal candidate is a proven disruptor and visionary in digital with a goal to leap PenFed’s Unsecured Lending Product and Program Features to a “best-in-class” status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Unsecured Lending product managers to develop and lead the ongoing unsecured lending product roadmap.
- Collaborate and influence internal business partners to get alignment on strategy and roadmaps, as well as prioritize IT spend, with a goal of improving customer experience, increasing funnel efficiency, and growing loan originations.
- Translate the product strategy into product requirements and be able to write out epics, features, user stories, user acceptance criteria.
- Manage the prioritization of the product backlog to deliver maximum value to PenFed and its members.
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind.
- Collaborate with Design team to create prototypes, user-interface mock-ups, product flows, personas and use cases, and requirements for any given product or feature development effort.
- Keep abreast of current and future trends in unsecured lending, digital experiences and FinTech. Identify opportunities to integrate new technologies and capabilities to enhance the user experience.
- Continuously measure the success of Unsecured Lending products through member satisfaction, delivery quality, and speed-to-market, and competitive position.
- Deliver product education to technical teams, internal stakeholders’ partners, and the experience-support teams.
- Anticipate issues with digital capabilities and experiences, solve problems proactively through communication and regular expectation-setting.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a software development product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying consumer-facing digital experiences.
- Experience developing software, products, or experiences designed for a digitally savvy consumer—a deep understanding of banking products and banking customer interactions.
- Knowledge of digital banking trends, partner ecosystems, and competitive strategies.
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products from ideation to post-launch.
- Ability to go deep on tech trends, architectural questions, stack control points, roadmaps, and influence dev-cycles.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and partners that could accelerate our progress in digital banking.
Licenses and Certifications
- Agile Product Manager certification is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.