Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality focused organization that supports our brands, owners and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed the way supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and talented team members around the world that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity and responsible sourcing goals.
What will I be doing?
As our Senior Director, Procurement Business Services, you will report to our VP of Supply Chain Optimization who oversees Hilton's Supply Chain Management's Center of Excellence. Your paramount goal will be to develop and lead a groundbreaking business intelligence function via a customer-focused, collaborative process. You will develop and deploy category, supply and market intelligence that informs real-world business solutions.
You will work autonomously to support and drive key initiatives and process development/improvement with little input or oversight. Responsibilities include overseeing and actively managing internal HSM applications, including PeopleSoft, Ariba, Salesforce, SupplyTrak, and Customer Portal.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide oversight for the Birch Street procurement system application globally.
- Utilize Ariba to manage all aspects of the sourcing (e.g., RFI/RFQ, supplier qualification, eAuction) and contracting process in collaboration with contract owners.
- Support the implementation and usage of Portal technologies, inclusive of customer, supplier, and internally used portals.
- Provide strategic leadership in both deploying new and managing existing technologies.
- Effectively manage a global, remote, and diverse team of Hilton employees, contractors and software partners responsible for building and supporting robust Reporting technologies.
- Manage the HSM financial accounting team and direct all aspects of accounting, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables and financial reporting.
- Continually improve the processes and performance of the Source to Contract team, including long-range planning and introduction of new capabilities and strategies.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of HSM.
- Develop the appropriate objectives for the Source to Contract business and determine the methodologies by which those objectives will be accomplished.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for teams and individual positions. This includes providing direction and directives to team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving management objectives.
- Steward the organization's mission, values, and goals and demonstrate leadership through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, and the productive management of group dynamics.
- Develop high-performance teams, preparing a succession plan for key positions and high performers annually. This involves ensuring appropriate talent is identified in compliance with the department's growth objectives. You will develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Determine staffing needs and oversee the recruiting, selection, hiring, training and development of global team members.
- Monitor return on invested capital and time resources.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
"What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-directed and driven professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay information in a clear and concise manner using various software programs and tools (MS Office Suite, Salesforce)
- Dynamic collaboration, conflict resolution and relationship building skills with internal and external partners at all levels
- Experience with technology and the implementation of SaaS platforms to solve business problems
- Excellent leadership, influencing, and people management skills
- Experience leading global teams
- Critical and problem-solving abilities with the capacity to convey ideas into strategic plans and executional action
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of related experience in purchasing, supply management and reporting technologies (ex., PeopleSoft, Salesforce, BirchStreet, Check, Ariba, Tableau)
- Ten (10) years of Project Management experience
- Five (5) years' experience leading teams of two (2) or more people
- Willingness to travel as required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e., Supply Chain, Engineering, Business)
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in purchasing, supply management and reporting technologies (examples provided above)
- Fifteen (15) years of Project Management experience
- Seven (7) plus years of management experience
- Technology consulting experience
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience leading global teams
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!