Our Sales support team coordinates the administrative, auditing, reporting, lead management and RFP management efforts and processes of Hilton Sales' teams. The team is focused on evolving into the most sought after partners in hospitality by freeing up seller's time, driving efficiency, and governance to maximize performance and drive results.
What will I be doing?
Hilton is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to optimize performance across multiple transient teams supporting Hilton Worldwide Sales. In this impactful role, you will collaborate with Sales Support leadership, Hilton Worldwide Sales, and Commercial Services to drive and implement our change vision of alignment and integration, elimination of duplicated effort and further automation and optimization of business processes, and new, beneficial and differentiated services. You will also foster a culture aligned with Hilton Worldwide Sales and Commercial Services.
- Drive towards solutions for hard problems to the team's current stressors, such as, streamlined processes that maximize the teams efficiency, contributors to work/life balance issues, and areas where resources are wasted or could be optimized
- Commit to automating and streamlining solutions while utilizing new and existing capabilities and collaborating with Governance and Solutions teams on Sales system improvement plans
- Engage Sales Support leaders and internal and external development resources with creative new ideas that support your direct reports with new solutions for their group and transient support teams
- Review weekly and monthly performance reporting focused on direct reports and teams, along with crafting action plans to address efficiency opportunities
- Build trust and facilitate regular communication with direct reports that cover recent performance, new initiatives, objectives, and personal development, while providing 360 degree feedback and course correcting
- Craft and conduct team meetings and calls to collaborate on team performance, action plans and objectives progress
- Attend regular meetings with the Sales Support leadership team for short visual updates and pulse checks on current initiatives, and goals
- Lead Sales Support standard documentation for all account, auditing, reporting, and opportunity/RFP processes that propel the team to exceed goals consistently
- Commit to leading and developing recurring, educational, team-building, and cross-team events within and between the Sales Support offices and teams in consultation with Hilton Worldwide Sales and Commercial Services teams
- Champion rewards and recognition including Circle of Excellence, Birthdays/Service Anniversaries, High Fives/Catch Me at My Best, CEO Light & Warmth Awards, and Sales Support-specific programs
- Engage with HR at regular intervals to review salaries for both equity and performance, and use talent reviews to promote high performers and to further develop high potentials
- Exercise sound judgement to resolve future staffing across your team and management teams focusing on recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing the best talent available for the roles
- Develop medium-term Sales Support budgets based on ongoing assessments of Salary, Contract, Travel and Administrative needs that support exceeding current and future team goals
What are we looking for?
We believe your success will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A forward-thinking leader with vision that develops complex ideas and organization strategy that has long-term, strategic impact and aligns with enterprise direction. Responsible for implementation of strategy including high level planning of work and resources across multi-year timeframe
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles and are motivated to achieve established goals along with understating how their work aligns with Hilton strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Leads multiple teams in achieving significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action
- Provides leadership and direction to a team with responsibilities to include team development, performance monitoring and appraisal, and day-to-day allocation of resources
- Reviews, on a consistent basis, existing processes and systems to make recommendations on process improvements and achieve consensus and support from the diverse groups within IT and the business to implement processes
- Develop metrics to provide analysis that will assist management in improving key processes and deliverables. Effectively lead team resources in accordance with project requirements and departmental goals and objectives
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Fifteen (15) years of work experience
- Eight (8) years of leadership experience
- Flexibility to travel 25%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Twenty (20) years of overall experience
- Salesforce and/or Project Management Certification
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!