Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions. Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians. Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a Diversity Inc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
As a member of the HTAS senior leadership team, the Senior Director, Software Engineer is responsible for all aspects of design & software application development supporting the Human Capital Management suite of applications. This role will be responsible to work effectively across the HTAS Organization. Specifically, the Software Engineering Organization as well as the PMO, Dev Ops/Support, Architecture and Infrastructure organizations. The individual will also be aligned with the business to stabilize and execute their roadmap, enhancements and interface with the vendor Oracle. The Senior Director, Software Engineer will be engaged in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and be a key driver of roadmap planning. The role will require a close partnership with our outsourcing strategic partners to ensure seamless development of our internal applications. The candidate will be the technical lead responsible for delivering consistent solutions within agreed project timelines, staffing levels and adherence to budgetary spend.
He/She will manage a team of Managers and Software Engineering professionals responsible for the successful implementation and support of solutions that drive business growth and improve operational efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and deliver HCM Cloud Core HR functional /technical strategy
• Hands-on formulation of business and functional requirements to set the direction for corresponding and complimentary solution delivery aligned to business goals.
• Apply business and functional knowledge and expertise, working in collaboration with the engagement teams, in the implementation of business-aligned/driven Oracle Cloud solutions.
• Lead testing and training programs during HCM Cloud transformations.
• Lead or support robust change management programs to increase adoption for our clients with the HCM solution
• Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance counseling to consultants, clients and team members.
• Sets Direction for successful project prioritization and delivery
• Develops strategic roadmap for application portfolio
• Delivers large scale implementations/conversions, including data conversion, technical implementation/integrations and system support plans
• Collaborates with our outsourcing strategic partners to deliver an excellent client experience in IT development
• Collaborates with our HR and Payroll leaders to define & align the system architecture plans.
• Addresses escalations within IT and Business
• Drives continuous improvement within the Organization.
• Work with innovative tools and technologies to optimize client support experiences.
• Work with Oracle in learning the new product features around HCM Cloud and develop competency within the organization
• Will lead directors in the software engineering function
• Undergrad bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Graduate degree required
• 10 to 15 years of software development, maintenance, and support experience
• Technology Experience: Oracle Cloud HCM, Payroll, and ICS experience
• Experience selecting and implementing both On-Premise and Cloud solutions
• Experience managing the migration of large-scale on-Premise enterprise applications to a cloud solution.
• Deep knowledge of programming technologies/techniques and DevOps practices
• Proven understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, Agile and SDLC methodologies
• Experience working across IT functional boundaries
• Experience working with and establishing enduring relationships with senior business leadership teams
• Experience with continuous process improvement
• IT budgeting and cost management experience
• Demonstrated ability to gain consensus, influence, and ensure cross-functional participation
Physical and Mental Requirements
Ability to multi-task, analytical skills, ability to follow verbal or written instructions, digital mindset, demonstrated ability to make decisions in the presence of uncertainty, ambiguity and risk, effective written and oral communication skills, managing stress & emotions, ability to focus on critical tasks and deliverables, leading and adjusting to change, examining/observing details, ability and willingness to travel to company locations and labs
1. Know the Business: Uses knowledge of Quest’s key customer groups and needs, markets, business operations, performance trends and emerging issues to inform short and longer-term focus.
• Invests in opportunities for longer-term organizational value
• Ensures that all levels within his/her organization are consistently reviewing options for maximizing revenue and profitability
• Models and enforces accountability in his/her organization for regularly making sound financial decisions
• Models and reinforces a culture that values and supports cross-functional analysis of problems and decision-making
2. Focus on the Customer: Seeks to understand and meet the needs and expectations of customers in a manner that provides internal and external customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Creates organizational alliances and external partnerships with key customers
• Anticipates changes in customer needs and makes organizational adjustments to circumvent potential service issues
• Ensures that new products and/or services that could meet customer requests are developed are seen by others as critical priorities, and are resourced appropriately, developed and successfully deployed
• Effectively balances customer needs with internal cost constraints in the distribution of organizational resources
3. Promote Strategic Alignment: Collects, analyzes and leverages the broader market and competitor trends to set and communicate strategy and ensure alignment of all core business processes.
• Deeply understands the internal and external environment in order to identify emerging trends, concerns and opportunities
• Revises the company’s internal structure and operations to capitalize on performance and ensure achievement of long-term business objectives
• Regularly communicates with employees across all levels about the company's vision, key priorities and relevant industry or business changes to strengthen engagement and focus
• Role models and holds others accountable for thinking about and developing plans aligned with broad company goals and performing as one team, versus focusing solely at the department level at the expense of company success
4. Collaborate with Others: Demonstrates ability to successfully work with others to achieve business priorities. Approaches others with a positive attitude toward achieving common goals. Treats others with respect and values the contributions of others.
• Consistently enforces alignment between organizational culture and business goals to enable partnerships
• Champions key initiatives and processes that reinforce internal and external collaboration and trusted relationships as an organizational value
• Proactively manages informal organizational dynamics and politics to ensure barriers within groups and between functions/departments are addressed and resolved
• Sets the example of initiating collaboration by working cross-functionally with other senior leaders
5. Communicate Openly & Transparently: Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information to others so as to anticipate problems and ensure delivery on all commitments; adjusts style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience
• Demonstrates candor and transparency when speaking with others about the organization's strategic vision and broad business goals
• Actively creates forums for cross-functional dialogue across the organization and role models and openness to exchange ideas and perspectives
• Champions key initiatives in a manner that helps others understand its purpose and benefits, and encourages enthusiasm about participation
• Inspires others to believe that the organization can exceed the established strategic goals
6. Continuously Develop Self and Others: Consistently shows a commitment to learning by proactively seeking and sharing with others opportunities to develop new capabilities, skills, and knowledge; acquires the skills needed to continually enhance his/her contributions to the organization; solicits and openly provides feedback to others.
• Identifies and sponsors learning opportunities that enable talent to build cross-functional business knowledge and relationships
• Takes accountability for the development of the organization and promotes people development as a key priority
• Ensures the organization is creating long-term bench strength for business critical / pivotal roles
7. Deliver Superior Performance: Consistently delivers required business results; sets and accomplishes stretch objectives and goals; adheres to quality standards and meets deadlines; maintains focus on the organization’s broader goals
• Models superior performance and holds self and others to high, yet attainable, standards of performance
• Regularly thinks creatively and pushes the boundaries around what's possible to optimize results for the company
• Anticipates and proactively eliminates barriers likely to negatively impact company performance
• Sponsors activities and initiatives that will increase productivity and deliver results throughout the organization
8. Demonstrate Agility in Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on analysis, experience, knowledge and judgment but is unafraid to make sound decisions without all information or in ambiguous situations.
• Empowers the appropriate level of management with decision-making authority to drive engagement, accountability and alignment
• Makes timely, tough decisions and compromises that impact the organization while understanding how critical decisions may affect different parts of the company
• Leverages feedback from internal subject-matter experts when evaluating alternatives and making critical decisions
• Considers both short- and longer-term risks and possible outcomes when making decisions, while also ensuring that contingency plans are in place
9. Accelerate and Embrace Change: Initiates and/or leads the change process; engage others in all aspects of the change; models agility and comfort with ambiguity by seeking out and responding to feedback about the change, including direction, priorities, approaches and pace.
• Is accountable for in-scope changes being implemented in a timely and high-quality manner
• Champions change initiatives and engages the broader employee population by helping colleagues understand, embrace and support the changes
• Ensures that company processes, systems and structures enable successful integration of the change
• Fosters an inclusive environment in which diverse teams come together to manage critical change initiatives
• Business Acumen
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Innovation Management
• Strategic Agility
• Command Skills
• Drive for Results
• Comfort around Higher Management
• Customer Focus
• Managing Vision and Purpose
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.