Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality focused organization that supports our brands, owners and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed the way supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and talented team members around the world that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity and responsible sourcing goals.
What will I be doing?
As our Senior Director, Supply Management, Center of Excellence (COE), you will work closely with Hilton's VP of Supply Chain Optimization. The COE is the reporting and analytics backbone of Hilton Supply Chain Management (HSM) and includes the following procurement support functions: procurement category intelligence and reporting applications, source-to-contract process improvements and business applications, procure-to-pay system optimization, and project management. You will be responsible for developing and leading groundbreaking business intelligence function within a complex organization via a customer-focused, collaborative process. The successful candidate will develop and deploy category, supply and market intelligence that informs real-world business solutions.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead data management efforts to clean, standardize and integrate disparate data sources into a single source of truth to be used for global and local business consumption.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of scalable innovative solutions for ongoing reports and analytics that support internal clients.
- Use market intelligence to support decision-making regarding suppliers.
- Lead processes to support supplier performance management and track supplier analytics to actively identify issues and areas requiring further action.
- Identify and monitor supplier risk on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Support the quarterly business review process by synthesizing performance data across major countries and by providing a succinct global view to the senior leadership team.
- Model a collaborative working relationship with all internal partners teams (PMO, Resupply, Field Operations, Projects, and Corporate Spend).
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Improve the processes and performance of the department, including long-range planning and introduction of new capabilities and strategies.
- Enhance and/or develop policies of the organization by way of systems that improve the comprehensive operational effectiveness of HSM.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for teams and individual positions.
- Provide direction and directives to team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving management objectives.
- Steward the organization's mission, values, and goals and demonstrate leadership through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, and the productive management of group dynamics.
- Develop high-performance teams, preparing a succession plan for key positions and star team members annually.
- Ensure appropriate talent is identified in compliance with the department's growth objectives.
- Develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Evaluate staffing needs and guide the recruiting, selection, hiring, training and development of global team members.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures that will improve the overall effectiveness of the Company.
- Monitor return on invested capital and time resources.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to facilitate optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-directed and driven professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay information in a clear and concise manner using various software programs and tools (MS Office Suite, Salesforce)
- Dynamic collaboration, conflict resolution and relationship building skills with internal and external partners at all levels
- Excellent leadership, influencing, and people management skills
- Experience leading global teams
- Critical and problem-solving abilities with the capacity to convey ideas into strategic plans and executional action
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of related experience in purchasing, supply management, brand management, and/or logistics
- Five (5) years' experience leading teams of two (2) or more people
- Experience using Salesforce and Tableau
- Proficiency with navigating supply management ERP software, PeopleSoft, project management software, SupplyTrak
- Willingness to travel as required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in a related field (i.e., Supply Chain, Engineering, Business)
- Fifteen (15) years of hospitality industry experience with a mix of experience from various supply or brand management roles
- Seven (7) plus years of management experience
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality related supplies, and services
- Experience working in a large, global, matrixed organization
- CPSM, CPM or CHA Certifications
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!