Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of around $9.44 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low-cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Technical Product Director works across the enterprise to develop and execute digital strategies to deliver cutting-edge, best in class products, services and capabilities that offer a world class digital experience. This individual possesses extensive knowledge of the evolving marketplace, technologies, and best practices; and engages as a thought leader to identify solutions to identify and enable existing and emerging business opportunities. This role will create the enterprise digital vision, strategy and execution plans that align and integrate existing and new product offerings that promote engagement, identify digital marketing opportunities and, integrated technology capabilities to enable product growth.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of digital trends and technology. This leader will be comfortable working in a matrix environment, collaborating closely with colleagues across several functions to drive success. He/she excels at influence and organizational savvy. He/she is someone who thrives at the intersection of business and technology and speaks both the language of business as expressed through product management and the language of technology and software engineering.
This role will have product ownership for the Advanced Diagnostics Oncology and Pathology line of business and be responsible for the definition/support of business initiatives.
In addition to using VOC to stay current on market trends, the role will generate recommendations for planning and supporting the strategic direction of the oncology/pathology business with a focus on leading the design and development of capabilities that will impact customer experience and capabilities. The role requires working closely with business development to evaluate business vision, software capabilities and technology solutions. Direct interaction with third party vendors and customers is required to understand customer needs and stay abreast of market conditions. As a member of a team, the Sr Director of Product Management will work in collaboration with other team members in the areas of strategic marketing plan, product itioning, development and delivery with areas of focus being in the areas of lab standardization, TC/PC and Digital Pathology, Oncology clinical pathways. Expansive understanding of bioinformatics and pathology operations is key.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops strategies, programs, and solutions to differentiate our line of business solutions from our competitors.
• Collaborate with product owners and team members to develop their understanding of the business model, data, and users to effectively craft stories and hypotheses. Stay abreast of emerging healthcare delivery UX technologies, tools, trends, and techniques.
• In conjunction with the design function, understands stakeholder needs and requirements and represents them in project strategy documents, statements of work, and end-to-end experience backlogs. Understands the market and competition for the product set and develops product and competitive positioning. Provides leadership and implementation in defining and delivering key products.
• Works closely with the users and technical teams to ensure that the business requirements are clear and well defined and that new product features meet the business requirements. Develops and oversees product performance strategy, including establishing, monitoring, and reacting to relevant KPIs and other metrics of engagement. Planning activities alongside a variety of stakeholders, including design, technology, and external partners.
• Continuously evaluate emerging technologies, healthcare trends, business trends and leading vendor tools and solutions for applicability in our enterprise.
• Demonstrate strong command of healthcare technology solutions and understand complexity drivers that may affect product delivery.
• Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of User Stories, Specifications, Process Mapping, and User Interface Mock-ups.
• Work with developers, project managers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity.
• Manage the requirements gathering process between cross-functional teams of stakeholders and various internal resources including product managers, internal stakeholders, customers, and software related technical resources.
• Develop and maintain strong & productive relationships with all development and business stakeholders to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features.
• Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
• Prioritize the backlog of user stories and bugs based on ROI and dependencies with other technical product managers and development teams.
• Own and oversee Product strategic Vision and Roadmap execution.
• Partner with Business Subject Matter Experts to define products and services. Manage portfolio of products to ensure comprehensive coverage of customer needs.
• Provides input into the prioritization of product features and the publish product roadmaps for Analytic offering.
• A proven track record of success in product management and launching digital solutions, experience leading business initiatives at enterprise scale and complexity.
• Demonstrates stamina, resilience, and perseverance under trying circumstances.
• Ability to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
• Self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management.
• Curiosity and drive to continuously learn and stay current with new technologies.
• A results-oriented team leader with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Technical understanding and know how, able to lead world-class engineers and designers.
• Experience working and refining products, using customer feedback, business intelligence to develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Exceptional communication and presentation abilities; executive presence.
• Pro-active self-starter with a “can do” approach to problem solving, tenacious with a demonstrated record of delivering on business objectives.
• Experience working directly with developers and analysts in an Agile development environment.
• BS in Comp Science, MIS required, MBA preferred
• 10+ years Product Management experience Preferred, 7+ years product development required
• Experience in Pathology and oncology lab operations required
• Able to present both high level and detailed information for multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and sales
• Experience of working within a Product Management framework/discipline
• Experience successfully leading technology teams within the delivery of enterprise software products. Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
• Experience with Solutions Architecture practice and methodologies
• Business Acumen
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Learning on the Fly
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Innovation Management
• Strategic Agility
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
• Command Skills
• Drive for Results
• Political Savvy
• Comfort around Higher Management
• Customer Focus
• Managing Vision and Purpose
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.