Job Title: Principal Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
We are seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to lead the development of new digital imaging systems. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. The Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of electronics hardware and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, help create new products, help enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- Lead the design of high speed digital and analog electronics for low-noise, low-power imaging systems.
- PCB schematic design, device selection, simulation, analysis, and documentation.
- Problem investigation and resolution, board bring-up, debug, and electronic troubleshooting.
- Use of FPGA and other programmable digital devices.
- Participation in FPGA coding, simulation, and verification.
Interface with mechanical designers to optimize packaging, performance and manage thermal issues.
- Technical coordination of multidisciplinary project team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in complex circuit design, schematic capture, board-level designs, and validation.
- Strong knowledge of HDI Printed Circuit Board layout and PCB manufacturing technology.
- Experience in designing electronic systems with multi-board architectures.
- Experience with and a good understanding of analog designs, implementation of Filters/Amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, noise properties.
- Experience with simulation tools LTSpice, HyperLynx, and others.
- Expertise in power management circuits especially low noise and low power designs with switching regulators.
- Proficiency with CAD tools for schematics capture such as Altium Designer or Mentor Graphics.
- Experience in designing systems with multiple FPGAs, DDRs, FLASH, and programmable devices.
- Strong knowledge of serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB
- Knowledge and understanding of video interfaces such as DP, HDMI, CoaXpress, Camera Link, MIPI.
- Some Experience with FPGA design flow and simulation. Knowledge of System Verilog, Verilog, and Modelsim.
- Experience with video cameras, image sensors, video compression, and video processing systems is a plus.
- Ability to lead technically a multidisciplinary project team to develop electronic systems
- BS or MS in EE, advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working on state of the art electronic designs
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.