What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for working with our highly scalable Pharmacy platform initially working with a specific enterprise client for co-development efforts. Technologies include Java Spring based web services, Python, NodeJS, and web applications.
- Act as the primary technical contact for a specific customer representing the product technology, team output, third party integration discussions, and be the face/voice of the entire development team global team for the customer or third party facing projects he/she is on.
- Creation of detailed technical design documents
- Willing and able to work with team in India
- 5+ years of experience in designing Java based server side applications (database, job processing, batch processing) preferred
- Expertise in of Core Java and Quartz Scheduler (Quartz is a plus)
- Expertise in Spring Java and hibernate; J2EE frameworks and design patterns
Cloud deployment/AWS and/or Azure preferred
- Strong experience in product development and agile development processes - coding modules as needed
- Design and development skills with SQL and MySQL in particular (or similar database)
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- Experience with Python preferred
- Experience with NodeJS
- Familiarity with Linux systems preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
San Francisco Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.