What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Lead design and development related to SAP Master data in the Medical Business.
- Design/Architect end-to-end business solutions which solve process pain points, optimize the use of technology, and are in line with industry best practices and Cardinal Health’s development guidelines
- Perform effective analysis to investigate business problems, identify and expose root causes, identify and evaluate options, and recommend solutions
- Effective communicator: conveys thoughts and ideas simply and concisely; translates complex topics and delivers content in easy-to-understand messages; separates what is important from what is not
- Individual contributor who is comfortable leading others in a project team setting
- Provide regular status reports to keep stakeholder community informed
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC and S/4 HANA Master data required. SAP MDG experience is a Plus.
- Expert level SAP functional configuration and process knowledge in Material, Supplier and Customer Master Data. Functional Order to cash (OTC), Source to Settle (STS), Procure to Pay (PTP) experience a plus.
- Expert level experience on SAP inbound and outbound interfaces.
- Experience in understanding ABAP code is a plus.
- Ability to create functional configurations for Plant, Tax and Sourcing organizational structures
- Experience with a full life cycle implementation; understanding of industry best practices preferred
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills must convey thoughts and ideas simply and concisely
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.