This is a senior level role requiring knowledge of NRTL testing and certification. The individual will be responsible for testing and managing lab throughput as well as client communication of projects and sales support. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. Additional duties include generation of quality procedures and work instructions, design and implementation of test fixtures, acquiring lab equipment and obtaining and maintaining accreditations. This position may include managing direct reports. Specifically These Responsibilities Are To:
- Review the design of electrical products against UL / CSA / EN / IEC standards;
- Conduct tests in accordance with UL / CSA /EN / IEC standards;
- Specific knowledge of IEC/UL 60950-1 and IEC/UL 61010-1 is required;
- Familiarity of Medical IEC/UL 60601-1 and related part 2 standards is a plus;
- Generate reports based on review and test data;
- Project Management;
- Travel to customer sites - Requires 10-20% travel;
- Design and implementation of test fixtures;
- Procurement of test equipment needed for lab scope expansion;
- Ability to engage with sales to develop and expand the market;
- Prior leadership experience a plus
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit and adaptability;
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US;
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills;
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff;
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly;
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements
Profile of the position (Requirements & Qualifications):
- BSEE or equivalent degree or
- 8 years in the certification, testing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of IEC/UL 60950-1 and 61010-1.
- Able to travel outside the US
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.