Sinclair Broadcast Group is hiring for a Senior Enterprise Data Scientist to join our team. As a Senior Scientist for Enterprise Data, you are an innovative and practical problem solver. You are a thought leader who gets directly involved across related disciplines including: Data Science, User Experience Research, Data Visualization, Business Analysis, and Software Development.
In this role you...
- will work with business stakeholders from across the company to analyze problems and implement solutions.
- will work with data across the complete analytical life cycle to build hypothetical models containing key assumptions, create mock-ups, prototype approaches, and implement production solutions.
- are capable of querying and analyzing data using a holistic perspective
- look for and consider patterns in data in order to find opportunities working alongside our Product Development, Process Management, or Engineering teams.
- will specialize in one or more areas of advanced research and continually stay informed on new research relevant to our business.
- are an exceptional communicator able to articulate the benefits of a proposed solution to internal and external stakeholders.
- are a steward of knowledge. You maintain detailed research notes. You document your solution approaches for others to re-create. The format of documentation could include internal wiki articles, product design specifications, cast studies, industry whitepapers, patent documents, publications, etc.
- You are familiar with a variety of technologies including:
- Scripting languages such as R, SAS, Spark
- Relational languages such as SQL, RDF, SPARQL
- Data formats including XML, JSON, CSV, Graphs, etc.
- You are familiar with a variety of approaches including:
- Statistical analysis for the design of experiments
- Analysis of variance and correlational designs.
- Machine learning for supervised learning.
- Timeseries forecasting.
- Mathematical optimization for systems of equations.
- Simulation using sampling techniques.
- You have either:
- a minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience in a related role and an advanced degree in a related field
- a minimum of 4-5 years of industry experience in a related role and an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Optionally yet preferred candidates have familiarity with marketing, advertising, and/or broadcast industries
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.