Senior Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Measurement Products Service in Process Automation - Measurement & Analytics, need to work as a member of a work group to meet assigned objectives. You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Responsibility includes performing installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance on electrical distribution equipment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your hands-on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build strong customer relationships, but also to actively identify and develop new business opportunities.
This position will be physically located in Odessa, TX.
- Provide knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with the ABB HSE (Health, Safety and Environment), ABB Way, and Safety Manual & Safety policy always.
- Maintain knowledge of, and conduct work activities in compliance with all safety policies.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Be responsible for hands-on execution of projects including startup, commissioning, troubleshooting, preventive and unplanned maintenance Measurement and Analytics products including but not limited to flow, pressure, temperature, level meters and continuous water/gas analyzers. Specific knowledge of mass flowmeters (i.e. Coriolis, Thermal mass, etc.) in a plus.
- Ability to provide remote technical support to Customers and keep track of issues until final resolution.
- Perform administrative functions such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds. Protect the company's capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible.
- Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of Installation and Field Services.
- Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a High School Diploma with a minimum 5 years of engineering / field experience.
- Minimum 2 years of field engineering experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% as required.
- Technical skills in startup, commissioning, troubleshooting, preventive and unplanned maintenance of products including but not limited to flow, pressure, temperature, level meters and continuous water/gas analyzers.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong computer skills to include Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.