Battelle’s founding mission “to translate scientific discovery and technology advances into societal benefit” is as relevant today as when we opened our doors over 90 years ago. Our science and technology enhance society's well-being and create critical innovations that drive scientific advances for the future. We conduct groundbreaking research and development, design and manufacture leading-edge products, and deliver critical services for commercial and government customers. Our work meets the needs of the nation when it matters most, and Battelle is committed to driving innovation today and for generations to come.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is located in Chantilly, VA or Columbus, OH.
Works collaboratively with operations and business development leadership on capture strategy, execution, and business decisions, along with program cost control and estimating functional requirements.
- Independently provides knowledge in program cost controls & estimating functional requirements for all contract sizes and types; may assist with pricing strategy, modeling, and analysis to improve win percentage and profitability.
- May participate in proposal process for large, strategic opportunities including bid/no-bid decision and providing input to the cost and overall pricing strategy.
- Identifies areas for improvement and cost savings and works collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues.
- Supports Program Management and broader finance team with financial analysis through lifecycle financial management, budgeting, forecasting, execution, monitoring and control.
- Is familiar with Battelle overhead-rate structure, accounting practices, and financial systems.
- Establishes contract Estimates at Complete (EAC) to establish the correct revenue recognition
- Supports the preparation and coordination of the Annual Operating Plan and quarterly financial forecasts for orders, revenue, earnings, and cash.
- Performs analysis and prepare reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated budgets
- Performs cost and schedule risk assessments to mitigate program risk.
- Performs variance analysis for actual cost incurred vs. both plan and forecast to major finance metrics.
- Completes both internal and external reporting requirements on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assigns and directs activities of junior staff in partnership with management to develop staff professionally and identifies gaps in Business Acumen with program staff and works collectively with Financial Leadership and the Program.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products, including Excel proficiency.
- Must have a basic understanding of Earned Value Metrics (EVM) and its impact to both cost and schedule.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance with polygraph.
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadline.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior program cost control experience.
- PMP Certification.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers