Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting
This position will assist in a variety of accounting functions, including monthly close activities, preparation of assigned financial statement schedules and related analyses, internal management reporting and other special projects. The individual must be able to effectively communicate with others inside and outside of the Finance organization, as well as ensure the accuracy, quality, and timely completion of financial information.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare insightful business and financial analytics that provides executive management with insight and perspective as to the Company’s results.
• Record monthly journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
• Responsible for balance sheet analytics and detailed commentary for inclusion in the monthly management reporting package.
• Prepare the consolidated equity roll forward schedule and review related transactions.
• Prepare and assist with accounting transactions related to Quest’s consolidated debt. This includes bonds, hedging instruments and deferred financing. Work closely with the Treasury and External Reporting teams during debt issuance, debt extinguishment and renewal of receivable financing arrangement transactions.
• Review and prepare the consolidated impact of Quest’s investments (Balance Sheet note 7).
• Perform account reconciliations, including appropriate supporting documentation and with innovative use of technology.
• Manage the Budget / Actual Restatements process.
• Prepare quarterly analytics for legal entity reporting.
• Assist the External Reporting team with the 10-Q / 10-K tie-out process.
• Lead projects that improve overall business processes through the optimization of the functions enabling technology platforms.
• Collaborate with various Finance functions to automate processes using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) including business case assessment, required documentation, use of automation tools, and coordination with IT.
• Develop reports using Peoplesoft and Essbase.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors to fulfill audit requests.
• Lead all integration and divestiture activities from a financial reporting perspective. Ensure that the general ledger structure for new acquired entities is properly mapped / integrated into the Quest PeopleSoft reporting structure. Coordinate and record monthly financial activity related to acquisitions, including the compilation of monthly reporting packages out of Quest’s systems for the acquired entities.
• Provide leadership to other colleagues including field and other Corporate Finance functions with respect to Quest accounting policies and procedures.
• Attend seminars to stay current on technical accounting requirements and increase accounting knowledge.
Job Requirements: Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
• 3-5 years of varied and relevant accounting and finance experience, ideally a mix of large public and private with experience in Corporate Consolidations / Internal Reporting, or External Reporting.
• Technical accounting and financial reporting acumen.
• Focus on accuracy, efficiency, and continued process improvement.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and prioritize appropriately.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills (to executive levels in the organization).
• Attention to detail, work independently and can be counted on to follow up on all assignment through completion.
• Strong computer skills, especially utilizing Microsoft Excel, Power Query/Access, Tableau a plus.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Systems and Hyperion Essbase.
• Business partner focused.