Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the East Region Finance Team. This position must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment with frequent direct interaction with operational leadership in the region as their business partners, and centralized corporate teams. This role involves budgeting, forecasting, financial and operational analysis on an expense base of ~$1.1B. Plans and supports broad assignments and recommends changes to analytical and budgetary methods and processes, enabling value creation through business efficiency.
The position reports to the Sr. Manager, Regional Finance - Operations.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and have three to five years of relevant experience including strong computer, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to use and enhance leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills through various responsibilities and projects.
1. Act as a key business partner to functional leaders and their direct reports. Includes becoming a functional expert and an extended member of their team(s), prep and participation in monthly functional financial reviews, tracking of cost saving initiatives and/or savings validation, and ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
2. Month-End close analysis:
a. Work with functional leaders and Centralized Accounting to assess/adjust accrual need.
b. Perform variance analysis vs. prior year, budget, and forecast/outlook
c. Work with and leverage OCA resources to aid in the month-end analysis process
3. Monthly functional Outlook/Forecast development
4. Annual Operating Plan (AOP)/Budget process
a. Participate in AOP process
b. Bottoms-up, functional detailed budget build to meet overall regional target
5. Partner with the QMS function on cost-savings initiatives including participation in Shin Kaizen events
6. SOPs - maintain existing and develop new for your areas of responsibilities.
7. Continually strive to improve existing processes and tools for analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
8. Ad hoc requests and special project support as needed
9. Be actively committed to personal development through the continuous maintenance of an Individual Development Plan, engaging in training and learning opportunities, and having an active mentoring relationship. Set goals and develop a vision to obtain those goals. Work to achieve goals that have been set.
Competencies Critical for Success in the Role:
• Business Acumen
• Business Partnership
• Customer Focus
• Performance Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
• Strong Ownership and Accountability
• High energy, Pro-active Change Agent
• Analytical Skills
• Communication Skills (oral and written)
• Active Listening
• Drive for Results
• Process and Time Management
• Motivating Others
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Complex Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
• Judgment and Decision Making
• High level of Professional and Personal Integrity
• Ability to Operate in a Cross-functional Team Environment