With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This is a new role resulting from CSL’s new Operating Model and the establishment of a Global Accounting Operations Team.
The role is part of the Account to Report team and is responsible for Financial Accounting for one or more Entity to deliver accurate and timely execution of Financial Accounting activities.
This role will perform complex transactions and statutory reporting across the set of entity codes. It also includes support for projects and continuous improvement and liaising with Finance Business Partners for escalations.
- Prepare and post recurring and standard manual journals, including intercompany entries and topside FinanceCore journals.
- Prepare and post accruals and reclassification entries that do not require discussion or interaction with cost center owners (e.g., utility journals, insurance expense, and payroll corrections, workers compensation & property taxes).
- Perform reconciliations, including from Clarity for CAPEX, IC/IG sales and COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) confirmations and reconciliations.
- Identify reconciliation issues between Clarity, SAP, BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) (Business Planning & Consolidation) and FinanceCore and resolve any issues that are due to system/ transactional gaps. Including reaching out to business partners to help resolve any issues that require discussion.
- Process allocations (incl. R&D cost allocation), incl. payroll costs and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) elements based of monthly timesheets, wages & salaries accounting, share-based calculations & reconciliation with HR (Human Resources) incl. superannuation & benefit queries, including monthly PTO (Paid Time Off) Journal Entries. Maintain and report on prepaid balance amounts.
- Support preparation of entity budgets and forecasts including Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and cashflow statement.
- Prepare and load data from the budgeting & planning tool to the consolidation system for all legal entities. Consolidate group level budget & forecast including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Process manual settlements in SAP (outside of RPA process).
- Complete IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) adjustment calculations and share with Controlling & Reporting for review.
- Support for internal and external audit requests, including providing documentation of AP (Accounts Payable) invoices to auditors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in related field or professional certification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CMA) required.
- 6+ years’ experience in accounting and finance. Experience in global scientific/pharmaceutical industry highly desirable.
- German skills would be a strong asset.
- Ability to think through irregular issues.
- Timely decision making and priority setting.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Organizational agility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The position also requires the ability to build and maintain sound relationships and collaborate effectively with multiple levels and cross functionally with Finance Business Partners and various Finance Centres of Excellence.