Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
The Sr. Food Chemist is responsible for developing, implementing and performing laboratory tests to determine chemical characteristics of agricultural and food products.
They are also responsible for providing regulatory and technical support to lab personnel and clients.
- Research and develop methods to characterize agricultural and food products for nutritional components and contaminants related to Food Safety.
- Implement new methods including ISO17025 validation requirements, writing SOPs and training of junior staff for routine performance.
- Participate in industry technical discussion to keep informed of upcoming technology improvements and changes in regulatory requirements.
- Perform lab analysis utilizing prescribed SOPs and official analysis methods.
- Work closely with laboratory management, sales and client services to prioritize development and validation needs to meet client and industry expectations.
- Provide technical and food safety information to internal and external clients.
- Perform routine quality control to ensure quality of work.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and operate laboratory equipment including calibration to specified technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot analysis and equipment when quality does not meet specifications.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement preventative practices.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Associate with vendors, equipment suppliers, outside agencies and professional organizations as necessary.