Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information, and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact, and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Senior Scientist (Genomics) you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Senior Scientist (Genomics) – the role:
The Senior Scientist leads bench level product development in collaboration with other team members. This professional prepares analyses and summaries of results as related to product and process development improvement. Activities may be focused on individual projects or assignments as a senior technical member of a project team, which may include project leadership duties.
This person will sit on-site in our Marlborough, MA location.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Effectively applies advanced genomics methods and technologies with appropriate data science tools.
- Contributes ideas for new product development, typically within existing markets.
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures, or innovates to develop new protocols for new technologies. Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and presentations that summarize experiment results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to peer scientists.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives, and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains current knowledge of the industry, including technological developments that may assist in delivering improved products, new products, or processes.
- May prepare and/or contribute to articles for publication. Presents information at project meetings and may present findings at scientific meetings or to customers.
- May attend technical conferences or seminars. Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of an advanced degree (M.A./Ph.D.) in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline.
- Requires two to five (2-5) years of prior relevant experience often acquired in an academic or industrial environment with a Ph.D., at least 4 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree, or at least 6 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree. GMP/QSR experience preferred.
- Next generation sequencing experience essential, with third generation sequencing technologies a plus.
- Automated liquid handling experience is highly desirable
- Hamilton programming experience is highly desirable
- Experience with scripting languages such as Linux, Python and SQL is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing products under design control or cGMP/QSR is a plus
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.