Senior HMI Analyst - Auto & Mobility
Escalent is a leading global provider of market intelligence and advisory services to the Pharma, Medical, Telecommunication and Automotive and Mobility industries. Our Auto & Mobility group is seeking new talent to help us develop, refinet, and launch new offerings in the HMI & UX spaces.
If you are passionate about the future of Human-Machine Interface (HMI), User Experience (UX), and have an interest in expanding your career by discovering insights and defining strategies, guiding others and working directly with clients in a fast-paced environment, then…
We want to hear from you!
This is an opportunity to influence how we interact with vehicles and related services and systems and how they evolve. We are looking for someone that enjoys the pursuit of hard answers, the numbers and data, the variability of methods and synthesis and problem solving in the service of clients and a fast-paced energetic environment.
As a Senior HMI Analyst on the Escalent HMI Team, you will join a group of accomplished analysts, consultants, and researchers who identify, monitor and evaluate trends in the automotive industry. As an inaugural member of the HMI team you will assist a Practice Leader in developing insights and identifying opportunities to create and expand research and consulting offerings to our clients about HMI and UX.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with an experienced Practice Leader to identify topics of interest, design studies and surveys, and participate in the development of reports and presentations to clients.
- Analyze and evaluate consumer survey and performance data, trends, and consumer usage patterns to provide actionable insights and recommendations.
- Work directly with clients to understand the questions that need answers and then formulate and execute research strategies
- Defines research objectives and methods – across Generative, Formative and Evaluative phases of the product, service and system development cycles.
- Plans and executes research studies to understand consumer behavior, perceptions, feelings and more.
- Synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data into findings and insights that are then communicated to clients via reports and other media.
- Work closely with clients to clearly communicate actionable insights, findings, recommendations to improve the quality of the industry product, service and/or system.
- Respond to specific client queries by mining primary or secondary research data
- Conduct phone interviews with automotive / HMI experts and insiders
- Gather secondary research about HMI technologies and vendors and progressive startups in the Design Research space
- Remains informed and curious about the state of HMI and UX in the Auto & Mobility industry via industry-wide discussions and the best practices of Escalent’s global research and account teams.
- Minimum 3 -5 years in a primary research or analysis role, including experience working with large data sets, data tables and diverse methods
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Comfortable with statistics, human factors, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, concept testing and synthesis methods coupled with the ability and confidence to communicate findings and recommendations in written and conversational business formats
- Previous experience related to human machine interface (HMI)
- Prior use of SPSS and/or SAS preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Superior attention to detail and an insistence on research integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.