The Critical Connection Between Careers, Workforces, and Business Performance
Talent Is the Final Frontier
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Sr. Health & Benefits Actuarial Consulting Manager will leads and develops the overall strategy for the Atlanta Health Actuaries team.
- Works closely with Market Financial Leader to develop strategy for deploying local actuarial resources to local and market client needs
- Has direct people management responsibilities and engages in the development, exam success, and career pathing for junior actuarial staff
- Strives to become the trusted resource that provides ongoing actuarial work that is “client ready”, on time and on budget. Provides significant peer review and advice to junior staff.
- Drives business development by identifying potential areas for business growth in existing projects and by responding to requests for information/proposals
- Works closely with local consultants and Office Business Leader to evaluate and staff prospecting opportunities.
- Manages day-to-day client engagements and coaches actuarial and non-actuarial team members in client interactions.
- Manages timely delivery of client reports and presentations, which summarize findings and implications; recommends strategies, solutions, and/or plan design alternatives to the client. Ensures deadlines and service standards are met or exceeded.
- Reviews analyses associated with underwriting health and welfare insurance, brokering contracts, or projecting health care related costs, in order to ensure actuarial soundness and correct use of models and products.
- Identifies the need for, and participates in the development of, intellectual capital in the health actuarial services and consulting space to further enhance the company’s offerings and leadership in the health consulting/insurance industry.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
QualificationsBroker Licenses Required - Any