Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Partners with business/functional leaders at the mid to senior level to influence the design and execution of the business strategy by providing consultative support and leadership. Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plans and drives for results by building organizational capability and performance. Liaisons with HR Centers of Excellence and Service Center to ensure optimal HR collaboration and service levels to clients. This HRBP role will support leaders with a National or Enterprise-Wide Scope.
- Builds relationships with mid to senior level clients.
- Is a trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions.
- Serves as an active member of the leadership team in assigned business/function and is able to influence and challenge others at this level
- Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
- Serves as a coach providing guidance and consultation to leadership
Strategy & Planning
- Consults with leaders to develop and execute business strategy to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and process.
- Provides strategic direction and influences at all levels in order to drive implementation of the strategy
- Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plan (e.g. in conjunction with the HR Director (HRBP), contributes to the People Strategy for assigned business to include: organizational re-design, strategic workforce planning, total rewards solutions, succession planning and talent management, organizational development and employee engagement of workforce)
- Optimizes transformational change efforts by providing consulting support, guidance and a framework for leading and managing change
- Responsible for succession planning / pipeline to ensure leadership talent in support the business strategy
- Partners with and influences HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Center to ensure the business is receiving optimal service and value added programs that are aligned with business strategy.
- Use outcome based metrics supplied by HR Service Center to identify trends and influence the business
Business Based Outcomes
- Ensures strong leadership teams in place and plays a key role in recruiting senior level talent
- Drives toward strong organizational performance as evidenced by business measures such as productivity, quality and service
- Drives toward optimal culture that facilitates employees’ success.
- This includes Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Drives for high performance work environment that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers results
- No direct supervisory responsibility
- May indirectly influence and mentor other HR professionals
- BA/BS in HR or related field; Master’s in HR/MBA or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years exempt level Human Resources experience, with at least 5 years as an HR Business Partner
- Proficiency in MS Office products and HR systems
- Strong Project/Process Management skills
- Strong Organizational and Leadership Development skills
- Understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Highly developed and effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with mid-level to senior members of the organization
- Ability to travel 0-15% of the time (varies by assignment)
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required
- Business acumen
- Strategic agility
- Drive for results
- Decision quality
- Managerial courage
- Organizational savvy
- Dealing with ambiguity
- 8+ years of relevant experience in organizations recognized for progressive capability in Organization Effectiveness and Leadership Development
- International experience preferred