Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Senior IT Change Management Analyst, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Senior IT Change Management Analyst, the role:
The Senior IT Change Management Analyst oversees the day-to-day execution of the IT change management (ITCM) process and policy. This includes auditing policy compliance, championing procedural participation, reporting effectiveness in key performance indicator (KPI) and metrics attainment, analyzing process improvement, and communicating on a thorough and consistent basis throughout the IT organization.
The Senior IT Change Management Analyst monitors and enforces established change management procedures that are specific to request-for-change (RFC) control of the production environment. This professional provides support to domain-specific change management resources in various corporate locations, business areas and departments, as well as for subcontractors, vendors and customers, by coordinating approved change requests and integrating them with configuration and release management procedures.
The change manager will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Functions as the day-to-day-operations subject matter expert in ITCM
- Acts as policy guardian for the change management process, including responsibility for standards issuance and revision of procedures or forms, as appropriate
- Coordinates daily ITCM activities across the IT organization
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply a change management process strategy and tools to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Creates standard procedures for the issuance and approval of standards documents
- Leads all change advisory boards (CABs) through the RFC process life cycle, including the emergency CAB (ECAB)
- Reviews change requests for completeness, from documentation to post-implementation review
- Audits to ensure that change implementers are updating change records accurately and in a timely way
- Produces, oversees and controls the change schedule
- Negotiates scheduling conflicts based on business priorities
- Arranges/facilitates appropriate change management team meetings
- Arranges and facilitates appropriate post-implementation review activities for changes, as prescribed by the process policy
- Acts as a focal point for complaints and suggestions
- Participates in incident and problem analysis for possible consequences of a change and its implementation
- Monitors trends and reports on change management process metrics
- Communicates modifications to the change management community
- Provides training on the change management process and supports training efforts
- Coaches managers and supervisors on the change management process
- Manages standard or preapproved change procedures, including assessment, final approval and list management
- Manages ITCM process compliance with audit requirements by tracking and monitoring identified regulatory artifacts
- Manages any change coordinators or administrators (or other operational roles) in the ITCM process
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
Primary Work Arrangements
- Works independently, but will collaborate across IT domains and all IT service management processes, specifically incident, problem and release management
- Works with various ITCM roles across IT domains, whether collocated or distributed
- Leads the Change Advisory Board (CAB) in reviewing, authorizing, rejecting or tabling RFCs
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Participates in weekly or daily critical incident and problem meetings
- Participates in ITCM technology evaluations and decisions, and manages the day-to-day use of ITCM tools
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems (or related field), or equivalent experience
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification required (Foundation-level v2 or v3, and Intermediate-level, including Service Transition, and Release, Control & Validation)
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (CobiT) and project management certification desirable
- Three + years of relevant IT experience preferred
- One + of incident, problem or change workflow automation tool experience a plus
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic and multicultural business environment
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of IT end-to-end change management, encompassing project management, application development and operational procedures
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationship
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to understand strategic business objectives and ITCM commitments
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity/Citizenship.