Senior IT Product Owner – HBG ERP
Home Building Group Tech (HBG Tech) is looking to add a Product Owner (PO) to our Portfolio Team for the ERP product implementation. As the Senior Product Owner, you will serve as a liaison between various business units within Home Building Group (HBG) and Technology (Tech). You will be the voice of the customer, stakeholder, and end user working closely with developers, business analysts, and quality assurance teams to create executable stories and provide final approval that delivered stories meet user acceptance criteria. You will develop or assist with communication programs and training. This role requires a deep understanding of the product capabilities, the customers business objectives and business value delivered, so any experience with ERP systems or 3rd party software implementations is a plus.
Clayton’s Home Building Group includes three distinct divisions: Manufacturing, Supply, and Properties. You will get to support the Oracle ERP product throughout all three divisions.
Other reasons to consider this exciting opportunity!
- You will get the opportunity to work with the Oracle ERP product from the initial implementation forward.
- You will drive and maximize our investments in Oracle to offer our customers every competitive and operational efficiency advantage to meet business objectives.
- Taking insight from industry, market and competitors, you will develop and maintain the full lifecycle of the product, from implementation, module and feature analysis and enhancement, to building a 2-4-year strategic roadmap for Home Building Group’s use of the Oracle ERP platform.
- Be the Voice of the Customer throughout HBG divisions by ensuring technology products developed meet customer expectations and deliver business value
- Build and maintain the Product Backlog of user stories (work with the associated Business Analyst to develop detailed requirements) and defects. Work with product stakeholders and business leaders to prioritize user stories. Ensure product status is communicated
- Work directly with developers, UI designers, Business Analysts and QA testers to break stories into executable stories that meet the expectations of the business users
- Responsible for validating that completed stories meet acceptance criteria and that appropriate testing has been completed prior to release to production
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, and sprint reviews and retrospectives. Demonstrate developed functionalist during sprint reviews
- Work effectively with business leaders and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships
- Assist with training and roll-out of new software products
- Ensure product documentation remains current
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Proven ability to support the transition of a legacy system to cloud-based solutions and introduce new technology features and functionality to user groups
- Experience implementing out-of-box, cloud software
- Intermediate to strong SQL query skills
- Understanding of basic manufacturing and financial business practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development and break down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users
- Experience working in JIRA
- Experience implementing and managing ERP or MRP products
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology