Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Senior IT Program Manager, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Senior IT Program Manager leads the Blueprint Genetics portfolio, including a variety of high complexity, strategic and tactical projects/programs spanning across multiple functional area(s), laboratory(s), system(s) or application(s) managed by the PMO organization. (e.g.,R & D, CF Reporting, Order to Cash, Operations, IT etc). Typically manages a combination of multiple projects/programs. Projects are expected to be high complexity considering total cost, financial impact, systems impacted, performing labs, software development, test code complexity and outside entities/third parties.
The Senior IT Program Manager applies Quest Management System (QMS) principles and tools in their daily work to ensure Quest Diagnostics is efficient and effective in the delivery of its services, solutions, and processes while improving customer and employee satisfaction. This professional consults with the Research & Development, Clinical Franchises, Commercial, IT and Operations organizations to design the rollout of optimized solutions that meet program tactical goals while collaborating with the aforementioned organizations to ensure seamless transition of products, tests and offerings from inception to sunset.
Examples for high complexity, duration tactical projects/programs are new Laboratory Test Development, M&A integrations, Commercial Test Launches, standardization efforts, IT functionality/connectivity/software development and updates.
The Senior IT Program Manager provides comprehensive written and verbal status updates to senior leadership, project/program sponsor and key stakeholders for key projects and programs. This professional also collaborates and manages process improvement(s) at a department level and across functional areas that impact project/program execution as a part of the product lifecycle management process.
Senior Project Manager, the role:
The Senior IT Program Manager will have program/project management responsibility for the Blueprint Genetics portfolio. This includes bioinformatics’/Genomics business. This will include working closely with integration PMO, franchise, operations, R&D, bioinformatics, IT and business development to create a robust execution program for current and new application and technology areas.
Programs will include integration of systems and processes, overseeing product development & test launches, analytics, project management of servicing clients, and will cover the full spectrum of technologies and bio pharma/lab testing processes.
- Work in collaboration with other team members in managing the delivery of strategic marketing plan, product positioning, development and delivery.
- Programs will begin during the assessment phase, through delivery of the contracted product/service.
- Performs root cause analysis using CI tools (e.g., 5 whys, lessons learned). Documents and communicates project shortfalls. Drives corrective action, analyzing at the project level, trending across projects/programs.
- Coaches other employees on the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to QMS in order to embed the tools and methodologies into our normal way of doing things.
- Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration and issue resolution for the functional team.
- Manages projects/programs and cross functional working teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects. acts as the primary liaison at the project and program level for all related information.
- Develops and executes project plans, milestone charts, project/program documentation and scorecards according to requirements defined by and approved by sponsor.
- Drive business value by leveraging business/technology expertise to identify and prioritize solutions, and by collaborating across departments to deliver multiple complex projects with significant business impact.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers, vendors and suppliers. Manage key stakeholder and project manager commitment levels and communication.
- Facilitate vendor and supplier evaluations.
- Facilitate intra- and inter-organizational meetings and projects to help teams quickly achieve strategic objectives.
- Manages project deliverables in accordance with approved schedules. Analyzes critical path, proactively identifying issues and raising/facilitating resolution with cross-functional team. Drives visibility to gaps impacting overall schedule. Guides roadblocks to resolution, escalating to leadership as appropriate.
- Proactively communicates with executive sponsors, project sponsors and stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Manages changes to project and/or program scope, cost and schedule via formal change management process.
- Utilizes risk management tool to identify project/program risks. Proactively guides team members, key stakeholders and sponsor through issues and constraints.
- Acts as a change agent to drive teams, key stakeholders and project/program sponsor towards success.
- Tracks cost, budget, resources, plan and schedules and manage changes at project/program level as appropriate. Ensures project artifacts are collected, documented and stored for audit and lessons learned purposes.
- Collaborates with external vendors as indicated to plan and execute project/program requirements. Ensure open line of communication in place for timely updates.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience of demonstrated experience leading programs from initiation to completion in a matrixed organization
- Experience with large scale technology implementations
- Experience with Merger and Acquisition integration projects
- Experience with Bio Pharma/Health Care Sector
- Bachelor's Degree required (BS/BA)
- PMP Certified Project Management desired
- Agile Scrum Master certification desired
- Formal training in project management or continuous improvement methodologies (ex: Six Sigma, Total Quality Mgmt, Lean) preferred
- Advanced planning and organizational skills; results and process-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a matrixed organization
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills across multiple formats: formal presentations, facilitation of virtual meetings using conference calls and computer-based presentation tools, e-mails, and memos
- Skilled with MS office applications (Project, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel)
- Established use of program/project tools and methodology
- The ability to travel up to 20%, including International travel
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.