Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Internal Auditor I, Special Projects at our McLean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job to help protect the organization and its reputation as it strives to achieve strategic intents. The primary focus of this position includes special projects, advisory reviews of mergers, quality assessment reviews, external audit and regulatory examination support, financial services research, and reporting to Supervisory Committee. This position will lead internal audits, in a team environment, that covers operational lines of business, including mortgage banking, credit card services, asset and account management, investment operations, affiliated business activities and financial and risk management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan audits and prepare and execute audit programs designed to achieve engagement objectives involving operational lines of business and contribute to improve governance, risk management and control processes.
- Review systems, processes, procedures, reports, transactions, and other information to assess reliability, accuracy, and completeness and conduct assurance testing to assess whether governance, risk management and control processes are operating to follow applicable laws and regulations
- Conduct interviews of responsible officials and staff as needed to gain an overall understanding of systems, processes, procedures, reports, and transactions and examine specific issues or areas.
- Identify, obtain, analyze, and evaluate relevant information to support audit conclusions and results.
- Prepare audit work papers to document relevant information obtained, analyzed, and evaluated that support audit observations and conclusions.
- Draft high-quality audit reports to include a background discussion of the operations and activities audited, objective, scope, conclusion, observations, and related recommendations for audits completed.
- Document audit work performed following the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Facilitate and coordinate the resolution of observations and recommendations with responsible officers who oversee the operations and activities audited.
- Maintain a professional relationship with management officials, external auditors, NCUA and other regulators.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in auditing or financial services.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Suite products.
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CIA certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.