Ultimate Staffing is looking for a laser technician to support a leading company in their industry. This role is located in Santa Clara, CA. If you feel this is a good fit, please apply and let's set up an interview!
We are looking for an individual with several years of experience aligning laser resonators. This individual should be comfortable with explaining how a laser is assembled, the type of optics used in the laser (OC, HR, SHG, THG, BRF, etc.), the parameters that indicate whether or not a laser is properly aligned, and best practices for building high quality lasers. HOPS hires highly talented people who want to bring their considerable skills to cutting-edge, high-growth technology.
The successful candidate will perform general functions associated with all laser assembly operations including working with engineers in setup and calibration tasks as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. They will use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment and will assist in developing methods or procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Education and Work Experience
* Extensive experience with the alignment and assembly of lasers.
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Experience aligning DPSS lasers preferred.
* Comfortable with electronic and electro-optical test and measurement systems.
* AS degree, Technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Ability to use standard PC software including MSWord, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while ensuring high quality standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.