The Sector Lead Analyst, Technology will have extensive knowledge of research methodologies and the science behind them. Within project teams, Lead Analysts are responsible for ensuring the appropriate survey instruments are used, dealing with all data quality issues, making recommendations to the client based on the research, and making sure project deliverables address client objectives and accurately present findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. Lead Analysts maintain data integrity, use a variety of analytic techniques to understand data and relay the implications of the results to the project team. Lead Analysts work closely with members of the Client Management team to develop innovative, scientific research designs for given projects. They leverage their expertise to coach and mentor Analysts in all aspects of research and relationship management.
- Responsible for working on projects typically handling 4 to 8 projects in various phases and of different types.
- Coach and mentor Analysts in all aspects of research design methods.
- Participate and provide thought leadership in study design meetings with project team and/or clients. Works with Marketing & Data Sciences team members for modelling or support for studies containing advanced analytical methods when prudent.
- Maintain data integrity, use a variety of analytic techniques to understand data and relay the implications of the results to the project team.
- Support the proposal/sales process by working with project teams to synthesize all elements of the study and guide the development of an analytic approach to the client problem. The Lead Analyst may write the study design portion of proposals.
- Design surveys/questionnaires within the subject matter and industry to answer all client objectives.
- Confirm data integrity, and develop/transform data if necessary to identify trends.
- Lead Analysts may conduct qualitative one-on-one interviews or moderate online or focus group discussions if they have the interest and demonstrate the skills to do so.
- Ensure quality of and approve programmed questionnaires, including communication with the programmer or programming vendor.
- Analyze research results and collaborate with the Client Management team member to synthesize research findings and implications of findings on the client organization.
- Write reports that will add value to the client by relating the research findings to the business objectives in a manner that is clear, actionable, presentable, and useful.