The future of PenFed starts with you! Our goal at PenFed is to empower our members to “Do Better” financially. Do you have a passion to do meaningful work? Our teams' mission is to provide our members the tools to reach their financial goals. Here at PenFed, our members are like family and we believe everyone who dreams big and works hard deserves great rates and rewards. If you agree, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Regional Area Senior Manager, Branch Operations. This role will be located on site at one of our locations: San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; Omaha, NE; Washington, DC, or any of our other Financial Centers. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred. The primary purpose of this job is to lead an assigned team in providing an exceptional member experience, understanding the needs of PenFed’s members and ensuring members are introduced to and provided with the most appropriate solution to improve their financial lives. The incumbent acts as an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the member. The role leverages robust partner relationships along with enterprise strategies and tactics to manage and develop a team of Financial Centers and Branch Managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the primary resource for Branch Managers and their Financial Centers.
- Actively champion change and ensure changes are effectively implemented.
- Collaborate effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships with key partners/clients across and outside of organizations.
- Communicate effectively and confidently, and is comfortable engaging all members.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet members’ needs as well as escalate as needed with sense of urgency.
- Follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for members and the credit union, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Attract, recruit and retain an effective management, sales, and operations team to achieve monthly, quarterly, yearly goals.
- Manage complexity, prioritize tasks, delegate and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpret performance and operational results, find opportunities to drive success and hold others accountable to results.
- Maintain flexible availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed. Travel between sites as required.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions, required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated experience with sales/credit union/bank operations and building, leading, managing and coaching a team.
- Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded
- Minimum two (2) years of direct management experience
- Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions
- Experience in mortgage, retail, or hospitality
This role will directly supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Travel up to 70% of the time.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.