Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality focused organization that supports our brands, owners and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed the way supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and talented team members around the world that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity and responsible sourcing goals.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Category Management - Energy, you will lead and support the energy purchasing category by negotiating and implementing contracts with suppliers of products and services, securing competitive, negotiated pricing and top quality on behalf of the Americas regions hotels and corporate locations. In this role, you will work collaboratively with third party providers, brand teams, and hotels to ensure client satisfaction, and adhere to industry and brand standards.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop category strategy, lead the entire RFx process from conducting initial due diligence to finalizing contract negotiations in a cross-functional environment with applicable brands and/or corporate departments. This includes validating supplier selection and performance through price benchmarking, auditing, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Evaluate and identify business opportunities for Americas' energy sourcing and communicate with key partners accordingly.
- Facilitate the consolidation and procurement of products and services to realize economies of scale through reduced product and acquisition costs across the Americas region.
- Support the planning and development of an overarching category strategy for energy.
- Coordinate with the HSM Center of Excellence (COE) to prepare and execute sourcing activities (research, RFP's, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Work with Brands and Product Development, hotels, and other teams to support the overall strategic direction of HSM so objectives are accomplished across all operating processes. This involves coordinating with partners on key initiatives.
- Implement, analyze, and measure key performance indicators to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and liabilities.
- Support the implementation of proper controls to ensure compliance to brand standards and specifications. This includes ensuring benchmarks are achieved.
- Monitor relevant data points for the Energy category, and work with the Director, Category Management - Property Operations & Energy to develop plans to address risks and issues as they arise.
- Lead and monitor performance and risk for key suppliers.
- Act as a key liaison and subject matter expert by engaging, aligning and working collaboratively with owners, hotels, suppliers, HSM Field Operations team, and other partners to develop, test, and implement products.
- Develop an expertise and execute strategies on all items within the area of responsibility.
- Perform the duties of a salesperson for the hotels and provide helpful technical knowledge regarding all products within areas of responsibility.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to successfully influence upward and downward within the HSM organization and Hilton
- Resourceful and results-oriented skills at building collaborative supplier relationships that will result in wins for the supplier, HSM and the hotels
- Self-starter, well-organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborative and organized teammate who can build positive relationships and trust with their partners and the greater team
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Interpersonal communicators and networkers, who will positively influence Hilton's partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years professional work experience
- Two (2) years of project management or service contract management experience
- Travel - 15%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Strategic Sourcing or Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering
- Seven (7) years of work experience within Hospitality or related fields such as real estate services, environmental sustainability, construction project management
- Licenses or certificates: CPSM, CPM, PMP and/or PE
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!