Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Consumer Origination Pipeline Analytics at our Tysons,Virginia location.The primary purpose of this role is to maximize the Consumer Banking underwriting and processing processes and strategies using data driven analytics across all Consumer loan and credit card products. This includes working across business units including product, fraud, legal, and compliance. This individual will provide pipeline management, assist in prioritization and reallocation of staffing, and address backlogs in the process. The individual will also identify, mitigate, and resolve gaps or inefficiencies in the loan and credit card origination process using analytics and investigation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform data driven analytics of consumer banking pipeline spanning all products of Consumer Banking Organization across multiple origination platforms.
- Interact with stakeholder and advocate change with Policy, Compliance, and Legal teams to optimize origination strategies.
- Provide pipeline management, assist in prioritization and reallocation of staffing, and create action plans to address backlog when applicable.
- Monitor intraday performance, notifying managers as problems arise in order to optimize service levels.
- Collaborate with Consumer Banking team to provide sufficient coverage and staffing levels of Underwriting and Processing staff to meet SLAs established for initial decision, document review, and funding turnarounds based off monthly budget forecasts.
- Forecast headcount requirements based off budgeted volumes, shrinkage, and service level expectations.
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in the loan origination process using analytics and investigation.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
- Monitor performance, perform 90-day rolling reviews of the pipelines across all products.
- Coordinate with multiple, geographically dispersed teams to support the consumer underwriting and processing functions across the organization.
- Design and manage objectives, goals and performance standards for the processing and underwriting Consumer Loans and Credit Cards.
- Collaborate with departmental management staff in the development and support of corporate and business unit-level objectives, with the goal to meet and exceed those goals.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures for both the Consumer Underwriting and Processing team (across all Consumer product lines), as well as related departments.
- Assess the training and development needs of staff, instrumental in the development, recommendation, and implementation of programs that will increase job enrichment,
- employee satisfaction, increase efficiency, productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Drive staffing levels and budgets across multiple cost centers and locations based on forecasted goals.
- Provide input in the preparation of the Consumer budget and ensures compliance of OpEx expenses, participate in the review of vendor contracts as required.
- Remain current on all changes to regulations and the systems, ensuring the timely implementation of all revisions.
- Maintain and input schedule exception information.
- Gather, compile and analyze data related to Consumer Banking, providing reports to appropriate VP and making recommendations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Consumer Banking products including auto loans (both direct and indirect), personal loans, student loans, and credit cards required
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Consumer Loan and/or Credit Card pipeline management is strongly preferred.
- Leveraging distributed teams is strongly preferred.
- Extensive and proven analytical and statistical skills required.
- Ability to be accessible and responsive during on and off hours for operational emergencies and related SEV issues.
- Knowledge of PenFed structure, products, policies and procedures is a plus.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Extensive Salesforce, FICO LOS, and Datamart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly master multiple LOS platforms.
This position will not supervise staff.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.