From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Hilton's Experience Design team works to create an extraordinary journey through every part of a guest's experience - from the time our guests dream of travel, until their stay is complete, and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we're working together to build, test, and learn; focusing on user outcomes in both digital and non-digital spaces.
As a Senior Manager on the Digital Design team, you will lead a team of designers that work on a variety of digital products including websites, applications and enterprise software. You will be a strong voice for design quality and consistency across our digital platforms. You will work closely with creative operations teams to support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, as well be responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing talent focused on building intuitive products.
More specifically, you will
- Nurture a team culture that is service oriented, humble, reliable, honest, resourceful positive, accountable enthusiastic and empathetic. That's how we treat our work and each other.
- Create an environment where your team members can grow, develop and maximize their talents.
- Be an advocate for evidence-based design that balances user needs with business goals and objectives.
- Establish and build partnerships across teams that promotes collaboration and efficiency throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Work with project team, brand management and/or key partners to establish design direction for digital projects.
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews.
- Facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions and design workshops that spread and deepen the value of design.
- Know the latest emerging technologies and provide industry leadership that drives innovation.
- Lead and mentor individuals to further their professional growth by conducting 1:1's, leading performance reviews and advancing training initiatives.
- Provide design feedback that is constructive, fair, honest and considerate.
- Actively assess and recommend improvements to the design, organization and production process.
- Develop production schedules, forecast designer's workloads, approve timesheets and advise staffing needs.
What are we looking for?
Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience leading successful design teams
- Solid knowledge of user interface design, industry standards and trends, usability standards, platform capabilities, and digital design constraints
- Previous experience in an agile environment
- Understanding of design systems and the patterns and guidelines that make them effective
- Communicates clearly, efficiently and persuasively
- Thrives in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Strong knowledge of Human-centered design practices
- Extraordinary design skills, including color theory, layout, typography, corporate identity and branding with a portfolio full of examples of aesthetic design and solid problem solving
- Ability to convert abstract concepts into innovative designs
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize, show initiative and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to educate clients through the overall process on design concepts
- Ability to thrive in collaborative work environment and be able to seek input from other team members
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of experience in digital design, user experience (UX), interaction design or similar role
- Two (2) years of experience leading design teams
- Three (3) years of management experience
- Travel as required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Twelve (12) years' experience in digital design, user experience (UX), interaction design or similar role
- Five (5) years of experience leading design teams
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience in Lean UX practices
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!