Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Insights & Analytics- Deposits and Digital Payments at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of the deposit product and the digital payments strategy through the development of data-based insights across all deposit products – Checking, Savings and Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and digital payment rails. The incumbent will develop growth strategies and work with members of senior management to implement marketing strategies and policy/process improvements to reach PenFed’s strategic goals. This position will lead a team to develop and conduct marketing analytics, data analytics, financial assessment, business intelligence, and performance reporting. The incumbent will also place particular emphasis on leveraging data mining, modelling and segmentation to develop and improve marketing and retention strategies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead the analytical team and manage all product/portfolio analysis by leveraging deep quantitative analytics to develop key insights, drive growth and measure performance.
- Employ statistical metrics and models that drive deposit growth while balancing volume, pricing elasticity and interest margin revenue.
- Plan future marketing strategies and partner with Marketing to devise and implement the highest ROI marketing strategies to deliver on deposit growth goals.
- Assess new products, channels, and business partner proposals for potential to increase deposit products.
- Collaborate with Finance, Treasury, Compliance, Legal, Technology, User Experience, Fraud, Operations, and external business partners to drive growth and support deposit strategic goals.
- Support executive management in developing strategic plans for Deposits.
- Remain informed of new ideas, developments, and technologies in consumer banking through publications, membership in professional organizations, and contact with fintechs and other financial institutions.
- Lead the development and automation of MIS reporting across all deposit products – including KPIs by product and establish daily, weekly, and monthly reporting cadence.
- Drive competitive market research and lead a continuous effort to understand industry offerings, influences, trend, and our performance against peers.
- Develop and manage relationships with 3rd party vendors and partners.
- Build and lead a high-performance team that proactively seeks out opportunities to grow and improved deposit product performance. Cultivate a quantitative, data-oriented team culture.
- Lead ad-hoc analyses in support of business recommendations and presentations to the CEO and executive suite.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field is required. MBA or Master’s Degree in a quantitative or related field is highly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in product strategy and product management in Consumer Finance or a related industry.
- Minimum of four (4) year of experience in analytics and product within a financial services environment - Deposit experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct management experience.
- Statistical modelling experience including: GBM, logistic and linear regression, decision tree, propensity scoring.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to consolidate complex topics and detail into digestible and actionable content for Executive presentations.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced dynamic environment while carrying multiple projects and managing different and often competing priorities.
- Experience driving results using both business and analytical acumen and develop optimal strategies and tactics that achieve business and member experience objectives.
- Highly advanced creativity with an ability to find innovative solutions and plan for future direction
Expert level skills in various data analysis and visualization tools including SQL/SAS/R/Python, Tableau/Monarch, Excel, and experience working with large dataset are required.
- Strong understanding of the US consumer banking landscape is required.
This position will supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.